A much better key generation strategy

Developer
Dec 19, 2010 at 2:06 AM

No need for Reflection at runtime.

http://doc.sharpcrafters.com/postsharp/2.0/##PostSharp.chm/html/952d27f4-3322-4aac-b1be-b3929e245de3.htm

Dec 19, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Thanks Payman,

I will look at move the reflection into CompileTimeInitialize.   

If you've already made the change feel free to submit a patch.

Developer
Dec 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Hi Adam

That's great. I'll be happy to work on the patch.

I'll create a branch first as you'd probabely want to keep your Trunk clean.

Developer
Dec 20, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Hi Adam

As discussed, I started working on the reflection-free CacheKey generation and I wanted to create a branch for this change but SVN doesn’t let me do that.

Is that because I should be a developer of this project or is there other kind of permissions that I don’t have?

Many thanks,

Payman Labbaf

Sent: 19 December 2010 3:19 PM
To: payman.labbaf@gmail.com
Subject: Re: A much better key generation strategy [Cache:238873]

Thanks Payman,

I will look at move the reflection into CompileTimeInitialize.

If you've already made the change feel free to submit a patch.

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

I'm not sure, let me look into it

Developer
Dec 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I think I need to be a developer/editor in order to commit any changes.

By the way, I've done it and it's ready to commit. I did write a few unit tests but please check in any existing unit test if there are any.

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2010 at 1:00 AM

I've added you as a developer.  When I get the unit test written I will add them , a shell project for unit tests is there for now.  Thanks for your contributions.

Developer
Dec 21, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Many thanks.

I've commited my changes to

\Branches\workitem355  (workitem 355 is the item number in the issue tracker)

I've also copied the existing version into \Trunk but not deleted the original folders from the root. Whenever you're happy with my changes I can merge them back into the trunk.

My unit tests currently cover:

1. Cache by GroupName
  2. Cache by GroupName + id
  3. Invalidating the cache

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2010 at 2:29 AM
Thanks Payman, I will review. I had be meaning to gets some tests written, so thanks for helping out there as well.
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Hi Payman,

Your changes looks good.  I added a the postsharp targets to the test project so postsharp doesn't need to be installed.  The tests all pass and your changes are a improvement.  Feel free to merge that branch into Main.  I would myself but I'm having trouble connecting to the tfs server presently(?), and subversion-bridge doesn't support merge operations.

Developer
Jan 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Hi Adam

That's great. I'll take care of the merge and let you know once it's done. SvnBridge not supporting merge will make the merge awkward but the changes are simple enough this time round so it should be alright.

I'm going to start using Attribute-based Cache project in highly concurrent, data-driven web apps hopefully in the next few months and that should bring any major weaknesses into light.

Developer
Jan 4, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Hi Adam

Workitem 355 has been pushed to the Trunk.

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Thanks Again.  Let me know how it goes with your project.